Thursday, February 21, 2013

Turning the corner and not knowing what to expect but will still keep walking.  I refuse to stand still and tolerate what I can and am able to change.  I am at the entrance and knocking on the door of the autumn of my life.  What I have done with my life up to now is history.  Have I made a big enough difference in this world that my presence brought a positive impact on someone? I hope so.  Now it is up to me to continue. To stay focused on what is yet to be.  I still have opportunities to continue doing good things.  I don't have to stand still and waste what time I have left.  And for now, my grandchildren are my inspiration to keep me going.




One of my favorite authors is Neil Gaiman and what he once said at a college commencement has been very inspiring to me.

A distant mountain. My goal. And I knew that as long as I kept walking towards the mountain I would be all right. And when I truly was not sure what to do, I could stop, and think about whether it was taking me towards or away from the mountain.... 

Make your art. Do the stuff that only you can do.




No comments:

Post a Comment